Motion on the appointment of Professor Malegapuru Makgoba
25 October 2011
1. The Chief Whip of the Majority Party moved without notice: That the House -
- notes that the University of KwaZulu-Natal`s principal, Professor Malegapuru Makgoba, has been elected as the vice-president of the prestigious Paris based International Council for Science;
- further notes that he will occupy the position for three years and will be required to attend its meetings in Paris and participate in the planning of international interdisciplinary scientific programmes;
- believes that he will discharge the daunting and huge responsibility of having to lead and coordinate research issues of a global nature with humility, dedication and inspiration; and
- wishes Professor Malegapuru Makgoba success in his new position.